About the Iowa Chapter of NAFTO (National Association of Field Training Officers)
The purpose for which this Association has been organized is as follows:
- Promote and foster mutual cooperation between Field Training Officers, Administrators, their agencies, Private Industry, and the public.
- Provide a forum for exchange of ideas and new techniques used by officers, administrators, and educators.
- Conduct training seminars, conferences, and research educational methods used for improving law enforcement related training.
- Educate the membership and the public regarding issues relative to apprentice training in law enforcement, corrections, and/or emergency communication employees.
- Enable the membership to keep informed of current legislative changes and judicial decisions.
- Take notice of new trends in apprenticeship and promotional training.
- Benefit the public interest in the area of law enforcement, corrections, and/or emergency communication training.
- Provide public safety educational information suitable for distribution to the criminal justice community and the public.